Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, July 11, 2016

One year older and wiser too...

>
> HELLO!
>
> Oh mom and dad! I just love you both. The longer I am here and away from you the more I love you! Even when I don't think it is possible.. it is. I just love you both so much and am so grateful for you!
>
> Oh my goodness! it sounds like it has been the craziest weekend! I was just dying as I read the whole story and laughing as I can picture all of it - of course the one you decide to take tyse on is the one that flips and then seeing tyse being upset so mom and linds are getting it ... classic! Oh my. Im so glad we can laugh about it now! That is something I love about our family - we are good at just laughing at these crazy situations. And then I couldn't believe it when I read about your crazy drive home. Oh my goodness. It brough back the horror memories of driving to lake powell. Oh im so glad that it all worked out and for sure you have a great story to tell now but goodness. I can't believe it! Ha im so sorry it was so crazy. I bet you were exhausted after all of it. And COKEVILLE! Oh i have fond memories of that flying J. You should have just had the man drive you over to the elementary school and asked to stay there the night! ;) Oh funny. Good memories.
>
> But yes! So grateful that you all made it back safe and that you are still not stuck on the side of some random road in the middle of nowhere. I loved what you said about being grateful dad... again SO spot on with things going on here in england. Sister Couper and I are really focusing on being grateful. I think so much of the time we pray and pray for things and then - like you said - then start praying for more or just don't give thanks for what we were given. We don't recognize how wonderful it all really is and are just content with what we have been given. I have seen a huge difference this week as we have really focused on just being grateful and at the end of everynight recording all of the blessings and miracles so we can thank him for them. DO IT THIS WEEK! I promise it makes you so much happier. It makes you so much more aware too of the blessing that god is so involved in our lives - it is incredible to realize that he is just ALWAYS there. I just love it. Thank you for that good reminder this week as well!
>
> But im so glad it was such a fun week! Cute tyse wearing his lifejacket. Oh i miss that boy. I bet he loved the 4th as well with the parade and the swimming. It looked like it was a great week! How was the parade? And being with all of your family? I bet the greatest. dad I was cracking up with the pictures of the parade going on and you looking down at your phone... :) Haha! I thought it was hilarious! Probably just reading my email over and over because you just LOVE ME HUH?:)
>
> But crazy ever is that in 6 months I will be back home with you! Can you believe it? Only 4 transfers left and transfers go by SO FAST! I totally get what you were saying as well mom... of course I am excited to see you all but honestly so nervous about just having to go back to life and all of that. It freaks me out. So i am grateful that I still have 6 months! I will definitely do all that I can to make the most of it! It was a great day though! There is a mexican place on Sutton High Street that i have been dying to go to (england doesn't do mexican like back home... its the worst! you just don't find mexican restaurants here.) SO when I saw that they had a burrito place here i was so excited so we went to celebrate! It was the BEST. I'll send pictures! It was fun to get to look over the past year and remember everything... all of the INCREDIBLE times and also the really hard times... ALL of which I am so grateful for becuase it has gotten me here. Mostly though i just realised how grateful I am that this last year I have come to know my saviour. I know him now. he is so real to me and I lean on him EVERYDAY! I know that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and he LOVES me! I can honestly say if it wasn't for prayer and his support I couldn't have made it this far - looking back I see how he has been with me everystep of the way and Im just so grateful for it! I recognise too that I have changed. and I am SO Grateful for it. I just want to be the very best I can be and I am so gratefulthat Heavenly Father loves me enough that he allows me to go through the hard times to allow that change to happen. Looking forward to 6 months of getting to have a lot more crazy experiences and continuing to let him shape me!!
>
> With that though... and its just CRAZY to me that we actually have to start figuring this out but I need to start working on figuring out BYU for fall. I know it is only july but im pretty sure registration for classes opens up early into Fall semester and I need to figure out classes and all that jazz... the fact that I am in england and not there just able to sit down and figure it all out will probably make it an even longer process... so probably should start figuring that out. So i know you do SO much already but if you have some time mom or dad will you see if you can figure out what happends with registering and the options with that? I know i can get presidents permission to go on BYU and look up classes on preparation days. So i can do that over here? I don't know. I just feel like we probably should start thinking on it before it gets to close. isn't that the WEIRDEST THOUGH. Dont feel like I have been out here long enough to be thinking about school yet...
>
> BUT ky seems like he is doing GREAT! Oh it makes me so happy! He is so funny. I love that he is just so great. he just seems like he is truly loving it - besides the chocolate milk - CURSE of the MTC. Everyone gets the runs I swear. I remember that experience... got to love it. :) But he seems to love his district and zone and is just happy. Oh im so grateful! TALK ABOUT PRAYERS BEING ANSWERED! Heavenly father is truly SO kind. It makes me laugh too all of the pictures of his companion studying with him making a weird face and taking a picture... haha elder gwilliam.. shouldn't you be studying as well?;) Oh i love him! he is going to love his mission. I can just tell right now. I was laughing about Madelyn too. Seems like he is fine though. Glad that all of it is okay and that he is just happy! Bet it makes you both really relieved as well!
>
> BUT this week for me was GREAT! I feel like I say a lot of the same things to you all the time.. sorry if it gets repetitive. Ha I guess after a year of my schedule being the same it is really repetitive! But so good. It was a busy week with MLC and DLC and district meetings and then exchanges. I have been in 9 MLCs now. How great is that? I love it! President was saying that 33 new missionaries are coming in next transfer though... isn't that CRAZY? It will be interesting to see what happends! But it was so great. A miracle too is that our friend Lee - the one we have taught with the Elders in our ward PASSED HIS BAPTISIMAL INTERVIEW AND IS GETTING BAPTISED ON SATURDAY!!!!! YAYYYY!!!!! OH its is so great. I will send pictures next week! iTs so excited though. i love being a missionary and getting to help people find that this is right. We are also working with a mom and son - Candy and Renos who I LOVE SO MUCH. They are just incredible and love us - which makes it even better. She is like a Joy but an investigator. they just take such good care of us and make us feel so loved. Im so grateful for them. I will try and get a picture this week to send you! And another miracle is that this week our friends - a couple from Zimbabwe, Betty and Kingston, CAME TO CHURCH! THey have been meeting with missionaries off and on for about 3 years now - they know the BOM of is true and have the desire to be baptised but they work crazy shifts and have never been able to come to church (you have to go to sacrament at least 2 times before you can be baptised) so it was holding them back but biggest miracle ever they were able to come this week and LOVED it. the ward was amazing and helped them feel right at home. OH i was so grateful. So YES! Things are going so well in sutton. I love it. And mostly still just LOVE sister couper. Truly the greatest companion and friend I could ask for. We are working hard and having so much fun doing it so things are just wonderful! :)
>
> Have you been watching the tennis at all? its been huge over here! Football is going on right now as well. Its kinda the worst though too because we will knock and NO ONE answers because they are watching the tennis or football... so as much as I love it looking forward that it is almost over! :) This is most important!
>
> Another crazy story is that Brooklyn Noel is PREGNANT! Sam and Hannah told me! WHAT THE HECK? It makes me sick. My friends are having kids. Nope. not happening.
>
> But hope you have the very best week! I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH! So so much. Things are going well here and I am just so happy! You both and tyse and linds and ky are ALWAYS in my prayers. So grateful that we are a family. OH i am just so blessed. I LOVE YOU! have the best week!
>
> And if you have any specific questions about things you can send things like you do for ky... sorry i feel like i can be repetitive. Hopefully it makes sense though!
> I LOVE YOU!!!
>
> Sister Gwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment