Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, March 7, 2016

Hello my Favorites!

>
> FAMILY!
>
> Oh i just love getting to hear from you on Mondays! It is the best! And there is just so much to always update you on!
>
> So first off! Sister England and I are moving!! They found us a new flat that we are moving into so that things aren't so crazy tight when we have exchanges. We had another exchange this last week and oh my goodness... its just a mess. The poor sisters sleep on awful air matresses and there just insnt any room for anyone. SO the new flat will be SO nice! We are moving into it a week from Saturday and im so excited! It has 2 bedrooms, a big living room, a super nice kitchen, and the best - 2 BATHROOMS!! Oh my. It will be so great! We find out the week after though about moves. I will be so sad if I leave after all of this... haha but we will see! :) But yes! So with all of the letters and packages I am SURE you are just waiting to send... ;) just send them to the mission home for a while until I get the new address of the place we will be living! I will get pictures of it to show you once we are there! :) I will miss cute grannie annie. She is so wonderful and It has been fun having a grandma around all the time. This will also be the first time that I live in a flat just with my companion! In peckham we lived with the Hermanas and here I have been with grannie annie so it will be different but im super excited about it all!
>
> This week we saw SO MANY miracles! Oh my goodness. It was crazy! Sister England and I are still doing so well! Oh i am just so happy and praying that we just finish our missions together here in aldershot! ;) Speaking of which! This week we hit 8 months! 8 MONTHS? What the heck? Where has the time gone? But yes! Things are just so wonderful! We have been working hard and having a lot of fun! THis week though we have been praying and praying for 5 new investigators (people we have at least one lesson with and then a set return appointment to come back) and we have been praying for families and OH how the lord has been so merciful! I have been blown away at how God truly does answer our prayers. We have found so many people - 4 new I and all of those are families! 2 of them are the sweetest couple that I am just giddy about teaching! It was just a little bit of a light bulb moment this week as I looked back and saw how God truly does hear our prayers and wants to answer them - he wants us to be happy! We have been trying to get new Investigators and families for WEEKS but we finally had this wonderful Idea that we should jsut pray for it and ask for his help and it was like MAGIC! I really do know that Heavenly Father is there and that he hears and answers our prayers. I LOVE PRAYER. It has become not just a thing to do here but crucial for me while being on my mission. I just feel so close to heavenly father because I really do just talk to him all the time. Oh i love it! PLEASE please please make sure you are praying and really doing it sincerely. Just talk to him like you talk to anyone else and just tell him what is going on and what you are worried about, what is good, struggles you are having. All of it. It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE! So yeah. Do it! :) AND i hope you all are also reading the book of mormon! Conference is next month! (again... i have NO idea how that came around again so fast!) But I KNOW that we can finish the book of mormon together by then and then we will get blown away with everything the Prophet tells us! I just can't wait!
>
> So yes! This week has been wonderful! I am loving being here. I really do just LOVE aldershot. I love the people and the ward and my companion. Things are just so good. They are still definitely hard and really challenging a lot of the time but just so good!
>
> This next week is the crazy meetings week again where I have MLC and DLC and then all that kind of stuff. We also have exchange, sister England has a dr. appointment, and yeah. Its going to be a busy one! but i love them - busy weeks are the best! And I was asked by the AP's to sing tomorrow too for MLC! Ah! Im excited! Im still trying to decide what I will do... BUT it will be great! Hopefully I wont be too nervous! :)
>
> But OH MY. When I got the emails about Corner loosing on monday i was SO SAD! AHH i know it is over, and it is just basketball, so I shouldn't let it bug me... but oh. Im just so sad! Im so glad that it was such a great season though! Even though I wasn't there to watch it i can just tell from all the emails how great it was and how well you played KY! So im just so glad that it was such a great season!!
>
> And what the heck is this whole Donald trump thing?? I went over to a members the other night and they were talking about it. WHAT IS HAPPENING?
>
> But yes! THings are just wonderful! I LOVE being a missionary! And england is beautiful! THe flowers have started to come out a little bit and spring here is going to be amazing!! I can't wait! And i'll send lots of pictures! :) But yes, it is beutiful, I am so happy and the work is really progressing. I have come to just LOVE getting to go out everyday and share my testimony all day long. It is the best feeling too when I am standing there and someone is telling me that I am crazy or brainwashed or how all of it just can't possibly be true that I can just stand there and realize for myself all over again that I KNOW for myself that it is true. that what I am doing is right. IT doesn't matter what they think or whatever facts or history about our faith they throw at me becuase I KNOW FOR MYSELF That this truly is the true church. Our saviour is at the head of this church and he is so close to us. I just love it!
>
> I hope you all have the most wonderful week! Thank you for always being there for me and all of your love and support! i truly couldn't do this without you! I am working my very hardest and praying that the blessings go your way!
>
> OH and go to LDS.org and read the talk - it isn't a sin to be weak! I LOVED IT! I think you would all love it too! And need it! :)
>
> I LOVE YOU!
>
> Sister Gwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment