Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, March 14, 2016

I LOVE ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!

>
> Dearest Family,
>
> OH MY HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! KY! Argentina! Are you kidding me!? AHH! I just cant even believe it!! oh my good heavens. you have to send me ALL THE INFO! LIke pictures! Keep looking for them ky! And you have a temple!? OH MY! That is the BEST! You will be able to go for sure! KY! A temple on your mission is the BEST! Biggest blessing! AHHH! Its just so neat! I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU! And you and dad will get to speak spanish together and probably have a lot of similar experiences because you will be so close. Oh ky. The people of argentina are SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU! you will be amazing! and OH I AM JUST SO HAPPY YOU ARE HAPPY!!! I have been praying and praying and fasting that you would just feel good about it wherever you are called and it seems like you are! OH! AHH! I just can't even focus im so excited!
>
> So yesterday the video did go through! ITs kinda a funny story... so i was at district meeting when I got the first picture you sent saying that the call had been mailed - oh my. I was freaking out! I showed sister england and all of my district... :) Ive been talking about it for weeks so they all knew! :) Then we got to church yesterday and I got all the pictures and then emails SHOWING THE CALL and saying how you were in vegas! OH my goodness. I would have been dying! KY! How did you handle it? I would have been a mess with it just sitting at home! But i was so excited! I figured you weren't going to drive home until sunday though and so with the time difference i was guessing that I wouldn't find out until this morning So i just went through church and everything was great! THEN we were out knocking and we had a road that we had prayed about and felt good to knock but we couldn;t remember exactly how to get there so I got out my ipad to check the map AND WHAT DID I SEE??? THE VIDEO!!! Oh. my. goodness. I SCREAMED! And then started running around and yeah. all sorts of crazy things! I was just screaming with sister england on some random road in england. It was awesome! I just couldn't even contain it. it was the HARDEST thing to stay focused but i tried to stay calm and we went out and finished knocking and then stopping by our friends! THen after planning I WATCHED IT AND WAS JUST SO HAPPY!!!!!! AHH!! I sent over the video we took! I hope it was an okay reaction! :) Oh i am just so happy! Argentina is PERFECT! KY! YOURE FREAKING GOING TO ARGENTINA! I just can't believe it! So yeah mom and dad, 2018 trip to england and then lets head over to argentina and stop by chile as well! Mission trips here we come! :) Oh im just so happy! It was the greatest night! Sweet sister england was so excited too! We celebrated the night by eating brownies in a mug (the one you sent over for christmas :) ) And i definitely told president about it in my letter today! I am just so excited fo ryou ky! Can not even wait to hear all about the prep and then the amazing things that happen in Argentina!
>
> I feel like I can't even focus on anything else that happened this week because ky getting his call is just all i can think about! :) But it was a great week! We had LOADS of meetings! It was the MLC, DLC, and then district meeting week so I spent a lot of time sitting and talking but it was so fun! I was able to sing at MLC! I tried to send over the video as well... hopefully it went through! It was so great though! I love being a Sister Training leader! I also was able to go on exchange with the sweetest sister, Sister Fleuren from Germany. She is incredible. I learned SO MUCH from her and jsut had a BLAST! She is hardworking and funny - the perfect combo! So it was great! A super fun week!
>
> THe weather here has been SO NICE lately too! I hope i didn't just jinx myself... BUT it has been so great. It just finally feels like spring and its like magic - the english people are SO affected by the weather so with it being so nice outside everyone we talk to just seems to be super nice as well! Its is the BIGGEST blessing! Everyone is just so much happier and willig to talk to us! So it is so great! It just makes me happy to see the sun again! After 5 months of being in rain and clouds the sunshine just makes all the difference! :)
>
> THis week we had the COOLEST miracle too! A couple weeks ago sister england and I met this man named Ricardo on the street. We told him about the book of mormon and he was super interested! He was excited to learn more and we had a great discussion - even prayed with him! :) And sister england being the wonderful and organized missionary she is got all of his details - his address - and wrote it in her planner. And me being the silly missionary just though "oh my companion wrote it down. We will just look in her planner for it!" well a couple days later after she had sent a package to go home to her family we realized she had packed the planner and then we didn't have any of ricardos info! We were so sad! BUT when we were at MLC this week the ZL had all of our post and had her box! They had been confused and thought it was to her instead of going out to her family! we were so happy though becuase we had the planner back so that next night we found his address and went over to see him. After craziness of having to bus his flat to have the bussers not working and then knocking and no one answering we gave it one last chance and decided to buz one more time ( it is ALWAYS the last ky! Always that last little bit of faith, knocking the extra door, or talking to that ONE extra person - tha tis when you see the miracles! :) ) but we buzed and he answered and said he would come down! He ended up letting us come up with his family and when we got up there not only was his family there but also their preacher of the christian congregation they attend. When he said his preacher was there my heart sunk - i thought we were walking into a man who was just going to bash us with all the stuff about the bible and all that good stuff so I was worried BUT it ended up being amazing! We were able to teach the full restoration and not only did Ricardo love it and understand but so did his preacher. The preacher (this man had just started his own church 2 years ago) asked incredible questions about the book of mormon and by the end was saying how he was so grateful he had been there becuase now he understood why we had it and how important it was - he also asked if there was any way that our churches could merge... :) which of course there is... once we baptise the preacher and all of his congregation! :) It was so cool! He was even telling Ricardo to meet with us again! How neat is that? So We are seeing ricardo again this week! It was amazing! So its just a matter of time before Ricardo and all of his friends and their preachers will be filling the aldershot chapel! I can't wait! :)
>
>
> I also got the sweetest Post from all of you! I LOVED the valentines card! THANK YOU! And those blow up hearts are my favorite! oh it was so fun! And I got the CUTEST PACKAGE from Bob and Tyse! I don't have bobs email but please tell him THANK YOU a million times over! Oh i coul dhave cried when I read it and saw who it was from - and then a huge basket of cookies! It was the sweetest thing! i;ll send over the little card with it so you can read it. But oh I am just so thankful! Bob is amazing! Please let him know how much I appreciated it and how much we appreciate him! :)
>
> We also got approved to put an exercise app on our ipads! YAYY!! Oh it has made the world of difference! Now i actually know what to do with myself in the mornings... its the BEST!
>
> And we were also knocking this week in this nice neighborhood and guess what I walked across! Pooh bridge! I guess it is the actual bride that the author of Winnie the Pooh wrote about! I was in the hundred acre forest! HOW NEAT IS THAT? Ah england is so cool.
>
> But that was it for my week! This next week we have Zone Training that we are plnaning and it is all going to be focused on the Saviour! I AM SO EXCITED! I'll let you know how it goes next week! :)
>
> AND OH! I still am just so happy about Kys call! AHH!! KY! You are amazing! Being a missionary is the BEST! Just be so excited!
>
> I just love you all SO MUCH!!!!! Hope you have the most wonderful week! I love you and miss you but will talk to you soon!!
>
> I love you,
> Sister Gwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment