Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Hey!

>
> HELLO!!
>
> I just love you and hope you have had the BEST WEEK!
>
> I can't believe that summer is over for you. So crazy school is starting back up and everything is back to the schedule. want to know what is even crazier... that next summer I will be in on all of those plans! ISN'T THAT WEIRD? So yes mom! Totally in for planning out the summer full of crazy activities that we will LOVE! Oh i can't wait! I'll be along for all of them! :)
>
> But oh mom and dad. Honestly I am just so happy. Its so crazy how much happiness comes from a mission. THis week has been incredible. Its been SO BUSY and crazy and all over the place but so fun. Im just loving it here. Peckham is so fun. I love how busy it is and I LOVE AFRICANS! And guess what? Im even starting to love fufu. I know. Its weird. But a member fed it to us last week and I actually loved it. SO see. Everything is just great! But the ward here is incredible. They have just taken Suman under their wing and we are teaching in their homes, going to family home evening, and dinners at their houses. Its been so neat. Last night we had a scripture study class and then we play games after as well and so much of the ward showed up and we just had a blast. It was one of those moments where I was sitting back and just reflecting on how much I loved this. How much I love all of them. It was the best. AND another amazing news is that SUMAN PASSED HIS BAPTISIMAL INTERVIEW!!!!!! YAYYYY!!! It was actually kinda scary...
>
> On Monday we went over to have a FHE (thats right ky. FHE) with some members and on the way back Suman started telling us how he had seen some things on the internet... CODE RED. NOT GOOD. Sister Steed and I - oh we both tried to stay calm but were dying. He has been so great and I have seen how damaging the Anti mormon is - and satan works SO hard right before baptism so we were freaking out. Luckily it ALL is okay. We sat down with him and talked it through and he was great. He said ultimately everyone will say things about churches - that it didn't worry him. But what he cared about is that he has changed. He has been a better person and has repented and that is all that mattered. AH I LOVE SUMAN. So its so great. So the fact that he passed and made it that far was a miracle. We were so happy! :) So saturday at 7:30 suman is getting baptised! It is at the Chapel here - 2 Manor Place Walworth. You all are invited! :)
>
> BUT with Suman. Ah mom and dad. Its so so neat to see how the gospel changes people. I know i said this last week too but it just blows my mind and strengthens my testimony so much to see how people CHANGE! Not just spiritually but they are just happier - if you have seen sumans facebook photo dont worry. He smiles now! :) He is just so happy, he laughs and jokes with everyone, is calmer, he talks about the differnces he has seen too as he has come closer to christ he doesn't want to sin or make mistakes, he has had greater faith - he says even his flat mates have noticed a difference. OH i just love it. He is so great! Saturday should be the best ever! Watch for pictures on Facebook and I will definitely send them next week! We are going to the temple with him tomorrow! Oh yeah - should be great! And then just keeping him busy until then! Apparently Grandma Warner even messaged him on facebook. He just laughed when I asked him about it... haha silly suman. BUT yes! HOw neat is it with Facebook that we have people we can connect with even all the way from England. So yes. Basically im just so happy and feel super blessed. To be in the BEST area with the BEST companion (i LOVE sister Steed. We have so much fun together) with the BEST most supportive family who I just LOVE. Its just great. I feel really blessed.
>
> But thats pretty much the update on me for the week. Just lots of running around like a chicken with my head cut off for exchanges - its been mental. We had 3 this last week. Its just craziness and exhausting at times. There was a moment inbetween one ending and waiting for the other sisters to arrive where I almost had a little breakdown.. but don't worry! I said a prayer and ate a recees and life was great again!:) And then we have been just really trying to be with suman and help him! Its been so fun! This week to has been BOILING! So warm. Probably nothing like ky is having but it has been HOT. And fun fact about england is that they don't have air conditioning in the houses. and a lot of the people in this area live on the top floors of big complexes. We taught a less active yesterday who lived on the top floor of her building, her front room had a GIANT window letting in all the heat, and it was about 4. I thought I was just going to turn into a puddle. It was awesome. BUT im not complaining about it at all becuase I know what the winter brings and I would take sweating in this weather ANY DAY over the layers of clothes that dont keep me warm in a couple of months! :)
>
> Ky seems to be doing so well. Oh my goodness. It makes me so happy. Thats another thing that just adds to this really great week - is that ky is doing so well. I have been so impressed with how motivated he is and happy and just not stressed. Knowing ky and how he can worry I was worried... but he seems great! And he has already baptised someone! HELLO! Hes the man. So grateful he is doing so well. And oh my. the missionary plaque IS SO FUNNY! I saw the picture when you sent it over originally but didn't read it until I saw the emails and just died of laughing after. thats too good.
>
> and mom as far as I know the package hasn't come yet! :( Im so sad! I was so excited! But sometimes the post here can be silly and it just takes a while so Im sure it will come! Sister couper brings anything I get to MLCs so I will get it soon if it does come! Praying it will though! And its just fun this way - like you said the suspense can be the best part! So i have faith it will make it!
>
> Thank you for calling about BYU too! we have interviews with president gubler on tuesday! I AM SO EXCITED!!! Oh so excited. Interviews are the BEST! but I will talk to him about it then. I have been given permission to go onto BYUs website to start looking at classes too. And uh. Honestly Im a little torn on what to do. AND YOU KEEP FORGETTING TO GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE! What do you think is best? I honestly need to start praying about it. Heavenly Father knows what is best. But im kinda leaning toward a really easy semester to hopefully just work at the pharmacy a lot.... I was thinking even not taking full 12 credits (full time student) but sister steed thinks you still have to pay full tuition to do that and that would jsut be silly so i dont know. I will take a look but october is coming up pretty soon - only like 4 more Preparation days to figure this out. So yeah. what are your thoughts. I feel like I will want to stay busy but at the same time It hurts my heart a little to not have a week to just be wiht you without worrying about work and school and homework and all that nasty. So im trying to figure it out. Let me know what you think! And i will get president to give BYU my ok!
>
> I can't believe about Cams farewell! That is crazy. And crazy about Tommy too. Hopefully he gets it all sorted out and gets back out. I can't imagine how hard it would be to go home and then have to come back out. It would be tough but TOTALLY worth it. HOpe he stays focused on that and what he needs to do to get back out asap.
>
> So fun to go to michelles too! I sent her an email last week thanking her for the money and just for being awesome! hopefully she got it!
>
> But things are just going super well. Im really just super happy! Im back to the normal sister gwilliam where things are just wonderful and I love it all - definitely still long days at times but I love being here. I got a blessing a little bit back as well that I forgot to tell you about - Before training I asked one of the elders to give me a blessing for just comfort and in it he said that he blessed me to understand that serving a mission was the right decision. HOW NEAT IS THAT? TO get that strait from Heavenly Father that I am doing the right thing being here. ANd honestly I didn't need the blessing to know that is true. I love this. Its so hard and so crazy and overwhelming and exhausting but so wonderful. Im learning so much and just apart of something so much bigger. ITs so neat. I had an exchange review yesterday with a sister that just came out and talked to her about thinking about her exit interview with president and thinking about what she wanted to have accomplished by then and more importantly who she hoped she would be. I actually got a little emotional when I realised that that is coming up quick for me. I remember thinking a lot about that on the plane ride over to england - who I wanted to be after my mission and goals I had- and I can't believe its almost that point of that interview. Still a good 3 months at least before that happends but still. IT helped me focus and remember to make the most of everyday!
>
> BUT I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! So so much! Praying everything goes well with tyse. And just oh. SO GRATEFUL! HOnestly Im just happy becuase I know that you are all happy and safe and wonderful backhome. So grateful Heavenly Father is watching over all of us - here in England, back home in Utah and in Argentina. I love our Family.
>
> I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
>
> Sister Gwilliam
>
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment