Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Worlds best Family!

>
> Hello!
>
> It has been the craziest and greatest week! I have been DYING to tell you all about it! It sounds like things have been pretty crazy back home as well. So crazy that Ky leaves so soon! Ah how does time go so fast! sounds like you are doing so many fun things though and living it up! Such an exciting week coming up too! Its all just so great. SO excited for you ky! Its the very best and just make the most of this week!
>
> But over here in England this week was mental! I LOVED it! So many incredible experiences and just so many prayers answered through leaders. THE BEST.
>
> So first off, ELDER OAKS! Oh it was amazing. He is so funny! That is something that I love about getting to hear Apostles in more laid back settings - Elder Oaks is the only one Ive seen in person but in the MTC we watched one from Elder Bednar and they are just the funniest men. Its so great. I love seeing them just like people. It was so great though. On Monday night the sisters from Havent came to stay with us.We got up at a crazy hour of the morning to all get ready and then we traveled to LONDON. OH it was SO NEAT! I can't wait until we all get to go together. Sadly we didn't get to walk past buckinham palace... :( BUT i did see a sign and walk on the road it was on! We had to walk from Victoria station to Hyde Park and I just remember being excited to get to the chapel but also remembering to take it all in - enjoy the fact I can just walk around London and tried to take it all in. We got to the chapel - which is so cool as well! I have a picture I will send, It is just RIGHT there in london. Next to all of the big history museums and all of that stuff - which fun fact for you - all of the museums in London are FREE to the public. Mom history of London for free. We will go. But it was wonderful. We got there a little before 10 and they walked sister couper and I right up to the front row - we studied until Elder Oaks arrived and then we got to all shake his hand and meet the other area presidency that was there with him. It was so neat. We were sat right next to where elder oaks was shaking hands as well and it was the neatest thing to get to watch all of the missionaries go up and shake his hand. Just the excitement and getting to watch Elder Oaks. Oh so great. I was able to say the prayer - which was such a great experience - and then the conference was incredible. A lot of what was talked about was opposition. How as we serve here in England there is a lot of opposition. Elder Oaks even talked about how a lot of what we do is to prepare the people - there are a lot of places where the people are more prepared at this time to accept the gospel where other countries we are here to prepare them so one day they will be ready for it. But how in all of that we should thrive in the opposition and not get discouraged. Elder Oaks laughed about the comment that for every door we knock here someone gets baptised in Mexico. Haha he is so funny.,,, BUT i love that idea. That it is a team effort. Whether I serve in England or I don't know... Argentina ;) We are all just out here doing the same thing and as long as people are being taught and baptised and becoming converted to Jesus Christ that is what matters. THat is all that matters. But i just felt so lifted after the meeting. All of the talks were just to keep pushing forward, not get discouraged, and that as long as I am doing my part of working hard and being obedient and testifying of Jesus Christ I have done my part - the results are on him. And no matter what Heavenly Father loves me and is proud of me. It brought a lot of comfort hearing that from one of his apostles.
>
> The next day we had MLC with all of the Zone leaders, president and sister gubler, and then as well they invited all of the district leaders - so all of the leaders in the mission. It was crazy becuase GUESS HOW LONG IT WENT? ALL DAY, really all day long. We left the flat around 7 in the morning and got home 10 minutes to 9. Oh it was insane. So so good but long. Just with so many people and so many different opinions there was a lot of counselling and trying to decide what was right for the mission and the missionaries we were over. It was so great. I just LOVE president and Sister GUbler so much. I love getting to spend time with them and the other leaders that have become some of my greatest friends. KY! With your mission just decided right now to just LOVE your mission president. Do everything you can to gain his trust - just be obedient! :) and listen and follow his counsel. And then become friends with the missionaries around you. Love them and serve them, I kow you will meet some of your best friends through the mission - its so neat how you instantly just bond with these people because you are all there trying to do the same things and work on improving. OH its so great ky. Youre going to love it.
>
> The next day we had District Meetings and then exchange. It was great. We also took our friends to the temple on Saturday. We have been working with this boy who is 10 and his mom is an excommunicated member who is working on being rebaptised but its taking a little bit of time. Cameron has been taught everything but was wanting to wait off until his mom could be baptised with him. We took him to the temple though and Tanya, his mom, bore the most powerful testimony of how she wants him to go ahead and get baptised. She said how proud she was of him and his good example and promised she would follow and so we were able to set a date with Cameron! It was a MIRACLE!
>
> Another miracle of this week was about 2 weeks ago Sister Couper and I were contacting on the bus and I turned behind me and started talking to this boy named Josh. He said he wasn't sure about religion and a belief in God but would be willing to meet and try it out. I got his number and set an appointment for 2 weeks.... when he set it so far away I was sure that he was just setting it to get me off his back... BUT we called him on wednesday and he had remembered. We met with him and asked why he was willing to meet/what he was looking for in meeting with us... and COOLEST STORY EVER... but he said all of his life he had been jealous of those who had faith. He wanted something to belief in and hoped there was a god but just didn't know anything about it. He decided one night that he would pray.. he said he didn't know really who he was praying to or why he deicded to but he asked for help and direction.. and then the next morning WE TALKED TO HIM ON THE BUS!!! So he said that he believes it was god answering his prayer and he wasn't really sure what we were about but was willing to learn because his prayer was answered. HOW AMAZING IS THAT? Oh i love being a missionary. So cool. he came to church too and just bonded so well with the ward. Sad story is that we realised yesterday that he lives out of our area... :( So we will have to refer him over but as long as he is taught and comes to know that it is true is all that matters! Really neat testimony builder to me though that Heavenly Father really does answer prayers and is there preparing his children. he is at the head of this work. Im grateful to be apart of it.
>
> I also got a parcel from the Bradshaws. Tell them THANK YOU SO MUCH! Oh it made my day. and everything in it was PERFECT! Just what a sister missionary needs. So please pass on mythanks. Im so sad that I couldn't see them while they were here. Hope they loved it. I want to hear all about it when I get home though!
>
> And I got your funny letter that linds had left dad about soccer. Oh i was DYING! She is so cute. I can't believe how big she is getting. But oh thank you so much for sending it! I jsut laughed and laughed. And so did sister couper! :) Such a fun surprise! Thank you!
>
> But oh my family i just love you! I will be thinking about you all week long with everything going on. KY i just love you! I have been praying and praying for you and know that it is all going to be the BEST EVER! I know that what you are doing is right and I am just SO grateful for your good example and willingness to serve. THANK YOU! I am so excited to get to be out serving with my best friend. Have the best week though and just enjoy all the time you have together! And keep me updated with all of the pictures. It is going to be GREAT!
>
> I LOVE YOU so so much! Remember even though we are far apart for a little bit of time it will ALL be worth it. We will be together again soon and then forever after that as well! So grateful for this gospel and that it makes that possible.
>
> Talk to you next week!
>
> Sister Gwilliam
>
> OH and Sister Hiatt goes home tomorrow. So crazy! If you see her tell her I love her. Our grandmas were so right, we would have been the BEST of friends.
>
> AND I am staying in Sutton with Sister Couper! YAYYYY!!!! oh im so happy and so grateful! We are still the STLs and just loving being together! I am so grateful and excited to be here!
>
> MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment