Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, May 2, 2016

Fwd: I GET TO TALK TO YOU ON SUNDAY!

>
> Hello wonderful family!!
>
> OH i am just SO EXCITED TO TALK TO YOU!! I can't believe it is so soon! I feel like this one has snuck up on me... time seems to go by quick sometimes. I feel like we just had skyped at christmas and now BOOM its mothers day! OH I LOVE IT! Im just SO EXCITED to get to talk to you. OH it is just the BEST!
>
> So with skype! I just checked and I am still logged in and I have a new friend of Bruce Gwilliam! :) YAY!! So it looks like everything should be set to go!!!! And for times I will plan on calling around 7 pm here! So around 1 for you! :) With all of the things going on and the time difference that seems to work best for me if that is okay with you! OH I JUST CANT WAIT! So yes!! Be on ready to go before 1 and I will give you a call! AHH the more I think about it i just get so excited! Its a good thing this week is busy one so I will be distracted... :)
>
> But yes! It is back to that week of meetings galore which I am so excited for! I LOVE MLC!! I love just being with all of the other leaders and president and how the spirit is SO STRONG! I love it! :) This week Elder Herbertson - I think he is an area 70 will be there as well for a mission tour. And guess what? Remember how I sang at a couple MLCs ago... WELL they have asked that I sing again at this one! The APs asked with him being there if I could do a special number.., If the Saviour stood beside me :) since Elder Herbertson will be there and it is presidents favorite song! So how neat is that! No pressure right? But i love it! Im really excited! :)
>
> Another crazy thing is that it is moves coming up again! On Friday we get moves calls - so I wont have Pday until tuesday next week BUT with getting to call you on Sunday I will be able to let you know what happened! How fun is that? OH i can't wait. So yeah! Ill let you know if i end up staying or moving. Any guesses?:) BUT this moves is going to be a CRAZY one! I think in this group there are 9 sisters that will be leaving... NINE SISTERS!!!!! And almost all of those sisters are STLs. Soo.... yeah. it will be interesting. Lots of new people will be called and areas that are being whitewashed. Its super intense! Im excited to see what happends. I know Ive been here for almost 7 months now... but i LOVE ALDERSHOT! I mostly just love this ward so much. So I have been here for a while but honestly I would be so happy to stay! we will see what happends!!! Cant wait to tell ya! :)
>
> This week was really great though! I was able to go on Exchange with the SWEETEST sister, Sister Flueren from Germany. Ive been with her before and I just LOVE her! We get along so well and she is such a good example. So we are able to have 24 hours of working hard but just laughing and having a blast! Its so fun how you are able to meet so many amazing people and just instantly become best friends with them. A mission just bonds people together i think! But something that I LOVED about her and that I have loved was she was CONSTANTLY testifying of Jesus Christ. Anytime we would have a lesson or approach someone on the street or on their door it all centered in Jesus Christ. I think a lot of the time I work really hard on sharing about the restoration topics - the idea of a living prophet, the BOM, all those fun things and I forget to testify about what is most important. The BOM, the prophet, the restored church is ALL there just to bring us closer to our Saviour. He is the center of this message, the center of the church, and the center of our lives! And so I loved the reminder for me to just focus it all on him. And helping others know that I am here representing him becuase of how often I talk about him. We had a missionary broadcast by the church a coupel months back and something they said that I loved was that we should always have christs name on our lips! That if there is ever a time where we dont know what to say - KY this is important since this happends a lot as a new missionary :) - just to testify of jesus christ and his atonement. I just loved that! And will be better about always testifying of him while I am here and then also when I go back home. Helping others see that I have faith in him!
>
> Another crazy story from this week was while I was on exchange with Sister Fleuren we were walking to a potential and noticed this kid - he looked about 17 - who looked like a mess. He was figity and looked just really nervous and just off I guess. He was sitting on a bench and we decided to go talk to him. And OH MY GOODNESS. He was a punk. Everything we said he would just throw down and give some ridiculous comment back like "Oh god is real? How do you know? Did he talk to you? what does he voice sound like? is it deep or what?" Just silliness. BUT we werent going to let him have the satisfaction of annoying us so we just kept talking and testifing that christ was there and that he could help him. In the end he said "well why dont you just give me one of those books and I can decide for myself" We happily did and then left him with our testimonies and him still saying silly things. We walked away and I honestly thought that he was just messing around and was just a punk kid BUT then miracle! HE CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!! We had left a chapel card in the BOM of mormon we gave him and he had ended up showing up for youth on wednesday - he must have just seen the chapel open and gone in - and then came to church. His name is Jack, he is actually 22, and he has read all of 1 nephi and Moroni in the BOM, and wants to know more. WHAT THE HECK? It was the crazinest thing!! Never ever did I think he was actually serious. But thats just something that I love about being a missionary - Gods plans are so much better and he is preparing even the LEAST likely of all people! It was crazy! And on sunday he was a lot nicer to me... so that was great! :) Im excited to see where it goes!
>
> On Saturday we had a ward party - it was a Bollywood night! It was SO FUN! We had indian food and dancing and it all. It was awesome. I will send over pictures! Rob came and brought 5 friends with him and wants us to start teaching one of them. Rob is SO COOL!! Oh I just love him. It is AMAZING and so humbling to see how Jesus Christ and his gospel changes people. OH its just so cool. Im so grateful to be here and for the blessing of Rob. He is a miracle and I definitely understand the scripture that talks about even just bringing one soul to him how great our joy is. I have definitely seen that. He is different and converted and it brings happiness like nothing else.
>
> OH and is David Covey Josh Coveys brother? We had a relief society lesson and David Covey was the missionary that Baptised a family in our ward! THey said they went over to american to go to his sons wedding and the house was huge... made me wonder if it is the coveys we know! :) You'll have to let me know! THey are the greatest family!
>
> But i hope you have the MOST WONDERFUL WEEK AND GET READY TO TALK TO ME!! OH IM SO SOOOSOSOSOSOOOSOOO EXCITED!! I just love you all so much! And am so grateful to get to talk!! Its been TOO LONG! ;) Oh sunday will be the greatest day! Can't wait to see you soon!!!
>
>
> I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
>
> Sister Gwilliam
>

No comments:

Post a Comment