Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, January 25, 2016

Hello my amazing family!

>
> Hey family!!
>
> HOLY SMOKES! This week. Ya know how people say missions are hard. Yeah. They are wonderful but this one has been a hard one. Sister S and I are going to start switching using the computer now so I will only have 1 hour on it and then my ipad which always takes 10 times longer so sorry if the emails arent as long. Which is good so we are both getting a chance to use it but of all weeks i feel like this one I need to just get everything out so I am going to type as fast as I can so that I can tell you as much as possible!! But i apologize if they are shorter in advance! :)
>
> BUT oh my family. This week has been a crazy one. I can do this right? Tell me I can. Its so funny to me how up and down weeks are. Last week I just felt SO HAPPY - life was good and exciting and things were truly so wonderful and then this week was just well... poop in a lot of ways. Still so wonderful becuase I am a missionary but it was a hard one. This week has been a week where opposition is just so real. We have been finding and finding and finding becuase the people we are really teaching have baptisimal dates which is wonderful but we need to start building our teaching pool up again - so we were out with days full of finding - knocking and street contacting and working so hard! We did all that we could be exactly obedient too!! (biggest tender mercy too - Sister S and I had a really good talk and she just went on on how she didn't want to seem like the disobeient one and that we do need to be exact with it all - oh my. Praise the Lord! So things with that have been so much better which just makes me feel so much better about everything! So that is so good! WE really are striving to be exactly obedient!) We have cracked down on all of the little things and are just doing our best to really plan with the spirit to know where we should be and where we should work and as we are walking places we are talking to people and just all of it AND nothin. So i guess more than anything it has just been a testing week.. not a hard one but more of a testing week. I am really just having to choose faith and rely on the lord when the days can seem long and everyone we talk to is athiest or silly church of england. I know that we will find people though! And this week will be better! I am going to MAKE it a better week! So things will be great! :) Look forward to an email full of miracles next monday! :)
>
> One thing that I do really need your help on - aka I want 4 emails tonight telling me their advice on it all :) - Sister S is INCREDIBLY stressed out. LIke to the point where I really am nervous about what to do. Just with all of the possibility of moving (which actually WILL happen! Wether we move to stains or not sill isn't decided but we will be moving houses - it just doesn't work with having 4 sisters in the living place we are in now - so im not sure when it will all go through but we will for sure be moving) so with all of that, plus a lot of our sisters have been going a little crazy and that has stressed her out, ontop of that we have just been finding and finding and just getting a lot of rejection has just been piling up for her. On saturday night we were knocking and she finally got to the point where she said she just couldn't do it anymore. She broke down crying and just so upset and just said how she felt like she couldn't feel the spirit. She also has really struggled with migraines in the morning so for the past couple of weeks she has been turning off the alarm but then going back to bed becuase she can't take the pain with the headache so then she is missing a lot of studdies which then makes her feel disobedient she she is angry at herself which then results in her being quiet and angry and easily snappy. OH my family. Help me. What do I do? I am trying to love her and help her and remind her that she can do this and that she is a good missionary and all of that good stuff but i feel a lot of the time that I can't do anything right. This morning was a rough one. She got up late again so she was in the worst mood and well yeah it was just rough. I ended up breaking down and then she broke down apologizing and then I finally talked her into calling president for help and she did so lets pray that that helped! I really do love her. This past transfer she has become one of my friends - not just a comp - and we can get on SO well and work so well together but there are just times like this where she is so stressed and I just dont know what to do to help. SO yeah. Any advice would be the best! I just want her to be happy. THe light at the end of this tunnel too is that we have PRESIDENT INTERVIEWS on thursday. Oh I am so happy and can not even wait. I just need his help and advice on everything and after talking to him i just feel so much better. SInce I can't talk to you it is the biggest blessing when I get the time to get his help! And i get a whole 15 mintues with him so that wil be the greatest. So things will be good! I have full confidence this week will be better! :)
>
> And one reason I know it will be is becuase ROB IS GETTING BAPTISED ON SATURDAY!!! Oh my! I am so excited. SO EXCITED. THis is the first person I have been able to see from the very begining to the point of him getting baptised. I have been there every step with him and I just can't even tell you how amazing and humbling it is to see how it changes people. I know i have said it in the last couple of emails but it still just amazes me. The gospel truly CHANGES us. Rob is completely different - still his goofy self but he just has been changed. He is just happier and better off and I just love it. Oh it will be the greatest day! Expect lots of pictures next week! We also have an exchange this week which will be exciting - we are still with grannie annie so its extra exciting with how close things are! And then we have zone training and president interviews! So it will be a busy and wonderful week! I am excited to go out and work hard! :)
>
> This last week I had my first english breakfast! OH MY HECK YOU WOULD ALL LOVE IT!! Mom - it had lots of sausage so you probably wouldn't as much but oh. All it was missing was grandmas egg dish and then it would have been perfect. I think i would have died on the spot of a heart attack - but it would have been perfect. THey fry everything - including the toast usually!! and its just meating and fatty and wonderful. It was so great!
>
> I also opened your feeling discouraged letter this last week. and IT HELPED SO MUCH!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! I love you all so much! Having your support and love and just knowing you are there makes everything okay. Even though youre far away you feel close and I am so grateful for that! :)
>
> Another thing I was going to tell you is that as a mission we have a goal to finish the book of mormon by next general conference in April! DO IT WITH ME!!!! Will you? Its like 3 months away - you totally can! :) I think you all should. Let me know!:)
>
> But yeah! Sorry its not a really exciting week. I more of just needed to vent it all out to you. Its just been a lot of finding and a stressed out companion and then getting to the breaking point. But all things are good now. We have hugged it out (haha hugging it out works all the time huh ky?;) ) and after this joy is taking out to eat and we are getting ice cream so life is wonderful! Things here in england are great! i still am so grateful to be a missionary and get to serve my saviour. I LOVE HIM! As crazy as this week has been with all of the up and down emotions he has been constant. He is my anchor and my rock and I am just so grateful that he is always there. He has become my greatest friend and best buddy and go to guy for every situation. As well as YOU all have been there to be that anchor for me! I can get through anything here becuase of all of YOU behind me supporting me and helping me. I couldn't do it without you. Truly I couldn't so thank you for just being so wonderful! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
>
> But i hope you have the GREATEST week! Make it the greatest week! :)
>
> I love you! SO SO MUCH words just never do it! I am so blessed and thank our heavenly father for all of you everynight! Never forget how much I love you and miss you but how grateful I am to be here serving right now! Praying all the blessings go your way! :)
>
> LOVE YOU!!
>
> Sister GWilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment