Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Friday, December 25, 2015

I get to talk to you on Friday! :)

>
> Hello most wonderful family there ever was!
>
> I hope you have had the greatest week! I love all the updates from pictures of the snow! OH its so great! And looks so christmas-ie! Mom - I hope it snows for you on Christmas day and you can get your white Christmas. It is so weird for me being here without any snow. Even though we are usually in California where there isn't any snow either its just really strange here - and without the lights its really weird. But im loving it! Its crazy to think that I am here.
>
> I remember last Christmas we were at grandma and grandpas and you asked me where I thought I would be next year - this is when I had started papers but was a complete mess becuase for some reason I didn't feel good about it anymore so I was just confused and didn't know what I was supposed to do. So it was that weird time where I didn't know what was going on so then all of you didn't know what was going on either. Haha gotta love it! So I remember you asking me that question and I honestly had no idea. But never in my WILDEST dreams would I think that I would be a missionary here in London England. Its so crazy for me to think back on it and knowing now all the craziness that would happen and things that would take place to get me here - im just so grateful that Heavenly Fathers plans are always better than ours! Even though I never would have thought I would be here Oh I am EVER SO GRATEFUL THAT I AM! The whole Christmas season has been so wonderful but at the same has been really hard with it being my first christmas away and not being with you all but when I really get the chance to think about it, I am just so grateufl to be here. To get to Be a MISSIONARY. A set apart representative of my Saviour and to go around this christmas season to do what he would be doing if he were here. I love it! Im very humbled and full of gratitude for this opportunity and know that there will be LOTS and lots of Christmas' in the future where we will all be back at home together getting to celebrate together again so i am grateful to have the chance to be here this christmas! It is such a blessing and privledge that I am trying to take full advantage of.
>
> I also can't believe that Christmas and skyping you is finally here! I remember when I left thinking how the next time I would talk to you would be skyping at Christmas and how In my head I never thought the day would actually come. that I wouldn't actually make it to this point. :) BUT all the sudden it is here! Its so crazy! I feel like I just left and am still a baby in the mission but now am almost 6 months in skyping you all! Its just super strange. BUT im so excited for it! And glad that I made it! When in all reality I haven't made it - Its all been my heavenly father and saviours help. If I had to be out here doing it alone I definitely wouldn't have made it to this point. No doubt about it! So grateful for their love and mercy and the support they give me everyday! :)
>
> But this week has been wonderful and full of good christmas cheer! It started off with getting the Christmas package you sent! YAYY!!! Thank you so much! i am so excited to get to open it this week! So it all came all safe and sound. Did mine come yet? Im praying it gets there in time without any problems! Fingers crossed! :) But it was a great week! Sister Stephenson and I worked really hard on FINDING! Becuase truly nothing happends until you find people to teach. We do really have a great teaching pool - compared to my 3 months in peckham where we didn't have anyone we are killin it here! :) But we really wanted to find new investigators and people who really needed the gospel! Some really neat experiences we had this week was we went to a town called Fleet to knock a road a member had given us. WE knocked and knocked and knocked and literally I think we actually talked to like 4 people becuase no one was home. But one of the last people we talked to was this man and his family who said he would love us to come back and show the christmas initiative clip! We told him we would stop by again on saturday. Fast forward to friday night durring planning - we were oging through our day to find it really full with everything we needed to do and people we had appointments to see. It was towards the end when I remembered this man and his family. We talked about it for a long time trying to see how we could fit everything in and eventually just said a prayer asking if we needed to go. Even though it didn't seem like it would work I felt SO STRONGLY that we needed to go see this family so we planned things all in and prayed extra hard it would work. WE got to saturday and got to the point where we ran over to see this family - knocked onthe door and of course the family wasn't home. Typically missionary moment right! BUT we knew that we were there for a reason so we started walking and talking to people we passed. We eventually stopped this man named Tim who was very athiest and didn't mind at all telling us why he belived it. We stood there though and both bore bold testimonies about the reality of God and Jesus Christ and by the end of talking to him he took a book of mormon and gave us his address to stop by another time. And want to hear the coolest thing?? He said the name of his road and we both just stopped and smiled becuase HE LIVED ON THE ROAD THE MEMBER HAD GIVEN US! The referral road we were contacting. OH MY HEAVENS. Isn't it amazing? Our heavenly father is just so incredible. There are so many times where things like that happen and I am jsut so in awe. he is just so aware of us and just loves us and has a plan that is always perfect! So I loved that!
>
> We also had a man walk into church yesterday who wanted to come to the service. He was a sweet man from portugal who had had a really hard life the past couple of years. In his broken english he told us how life had really been hard for him and how he just needed direction and peace. It was such a cool thing for me to just be able to promise, PINKIE PROMISE, that he could find that becuase I know for myself that Jesus Christ can give that comfort and guidance and peace that we all are looking for and that we all need. I could see the hurt and pain in his eyes but he saw in all of ours the hope that we had becuase we had our saviour. After talking to him he started crying - poor guy was really just emotionally at a breaking point - but then stayed for the service and we are stopping by to see him tonight! It is just the coolest thing to be a missionary and to bring hope to people. That is what I have decided one of the greatest things about being a missionary is the HOPE that I get to give people. There is hope and peace and happiness becuase there really is a saviour out there who has made EVERYTHING right and who knows you and loves you personally. And it is just the greatest thing!
>
> So those were two really cool experiences this week that I just loved! I also had my first proper fish and chips here which was AMAZING!! OH my goodness you all would love them - even ky and linds! They were so yummy and im sure so fattening. It was great! :) We also had the ward christmas carol which was so fun! The bishops wife was incharge and always goes extreme. I ended up singing oh holy night and a duet with her son and then in the choir which was SO GREAT! I love singing. So grateful for the talent that I have and how it touches people ina way that words definitely can't!
>
>
> It was a wonderful week though! I have been so touched too with all the gifts I have recieved from memebers and our friends here. Its been a wonderful week and this next week will be even better becuase of getting to be a missionary, celebrate christmas, and TALK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!! Oh m y heavens i just can't wait! Only 4 more sleeps linds! ;)
>
> I love you all SO MUCH! and can't wait to talk to you ON FRIDAY!!!!!! YAYYY!!!!!!
>
> Love you,
>
> Sister GWilliam
>
> And i hope you all are still singing "in a little stable" when you sing angles we have heard on high in church!:) LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment